Monday, August 24, 2015

Summary of recent projects on my 1993 Eurovan

Busy time as I've been prepping for an upcoming trip.  It was just a few weeks ago that I was had a conversation with a good friend that has a Vanagon Westy Weekender.  We were talking about our vans (mine is a 1993 Eurovan Westy Weekender).  He talked about how much he loved his van and how he plans to keep it forever.  I love my van too... and after thinking about it, I hope I can keep mine forever.
I had been putting off some investments into my van because, until that conversation and the subsequent conscious choice to keep it, I thought maybe I'd sell it... thus, I'd been putting off some maintenance and upgrades.
Well with my new attitude and commitment, here is a summary of recently finished projects.
- New 16" wheels (upgrade from 15")
- New Poptop seal from GoWesty
- New Bilstein Sport shocks (from GoWesty, replaced completely useless/destroyed shocks)
- Repaired a large tear in my Poptop (casualty from my friends' kids during a surf camp trip, California Surf Tours)
- New battery monitors for main and house (simple cigarette lighter method, with dongle lead for house)
- Placed kitchen drawer mats in storage areas to reduce clutter noise
- Adjusted doors to close tighter
- Glued some loose moldings
- Major service (timing, pumps, serpentine)
- Replaced faulty AC high/low pressure switch
- Tried to charge AC, but likely air in system, so took to a shop where they evacuated it and charged about 1lb with dye, likely some small leaks and will follow up
- Hung some small cargo nets inside
- Troubleshot a cabin light, ended up just being a look connection

AC high/low pressure switch from PartsGeek.com

Cleaning the area around the poptop seal



Front shock plate assembly


Old shocks that were completely worthless


No comments:

Post a Comment