Monday, August 10, 2015

VagCom scan on my Eurovan

This past Sunday, I met with a VW genius to talk shop and scan my 1993 Eurovan with the VagCom diagnostic tool.

I had some concerns about a recent service and the readiness of my Eurovan for an upcoming trip.  We hooked up the scanner OBD1 attachment to the fuse box area and started the software on the laptop.  The software detected the VIN and ECU model.  We then began to look for fault codes and engine performance stats (like idle RPM, throttle body angle, etc.).  All of this information can be saved to a log for later review.

Everything checked out OK, and then the two of us took test drives in each others EVs.  I immediately noticed that his hard top Eurovan had less interior noises/rattle and his suspension was much tighter/responsive (his EV has the Bilstein HDs).

I am very thankful that we had a chance to meet, and I feel more confident to take my EV on my next road trip.  I'm even going to try to swap out the shocks before I depart.

No comments:

Post a Comment