Tuesday, June 30, 2015

New wheels and tires for my 1993 Eurovan

After a long search and multiple attempts to buy some 16" VW Eurovan wheels to upgrade the 15" steel wheels on my 1993 VW Eurovan, I finally found a local seller on Craigslist.

Every time I found some wheels/tires online, the cost to ship was prohibitive.  So I started looking only within driving distance.  Luckily, I found a gent nearby that has a 2003 VW Eurovan, and he had recently upgraded to the GoWesty wheels/tires and suspension package.  Thus, he was selling his OEM 16" wheels with three matching Kuhmo tires (rated 104).

We met, and I bought them.  I picked up a 4th tire from Amazon for less than the local tire stores.  A day later (and within 30 minutes at Discount Tire) and for $33 (for the odd tire - tire mount, balance, disposal, and putting all four on the van).

Looks much better now.  I'm happy.




No comments:

Post a Comment